Friday, September 27, 2013

It's Fall, ladies and gentlemen! I love fall. I love the colors. The smells. The general energy of people is just refreshing. It's that in-between season that everybody loves. They get to change  their wardrobe up a bit, Pumpkin Spice Lattes come out (That, alone, would be a good enough reason to call Fall my favorite season), the leaves change but the grass is still green. I feel like there's so much packed into this short (very short in Colorado) season!
      I'm currently at my office, looking out the window and there are 4 trees I can see from my seat that are all changing. But they aren't all changing the same. They aren't even changing in a similar cycle! One of them is small. The green leaves on it are randomly changing into a sunshine yellow. And then to my right, an even smaller tree. It's forest-green leaves are changing to a deep orange-red- but only on the right side. Primarily where the sun hits it. Then we have the littlest tree in the distance. It's turned to a beautiful honey-yellow with just one or two orange leaves.
      Then we have my favorite. The maple. A beautiful big tree with deep red leaves. It was the first to change. It's also the fullest tree. It just simply brings me happiness. I'm constantly hearing people complain about the fact that the days are growing shorter, it's colder, it's gonna be "ugly" all the time. Though some of those are legitimate, let's think about all the wonderful things that come from fall! For instance, no more dry-hot days that spark fires. The excitement of snowy days and making chocolate chip cookies whilst drinking cocoa. The movie White Christmas. The changing of the leaves! The opportunity to wear navy on your nails. Happy happy! Scarves. Mittens. Coziness. I LOVE FALL. There's really nothing deep about this blog. Just remember that there is beauty in every season. No matter what negativities may loom- there's still color in the leaves or crisp snow on the ground. It's easy to look past the cold when you can see those things. And \another thing- Seasons are really wonderful when they're time comes and goes as planned. It's when those seasons drag on that it gets annoying. Kind of like life, yeah? We love the changes until we're used to it. So let's just learn to enjoy it. Find the beauty in every time and you will NEVER dislike a season. 

Enjoy this!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment