Sunday, July 14, 2013

Life.

I'm at my job. In an office. Learning what it means to have an "adult" job. "Adult" hours. And "Adult" responsibilities. it's boring, it's mundane, it's stressful. There is very little return for an "adult" job, aside from the money. I sat there in a room of stark, white walls, the same music I hear everyday and the faint rustling of the trees outside that I seemingly never get to see, and I thought to myself, Why? Why do we insist on doing things we absolutely hate in order to receive money? I understand needing to provide for your family, pay the bills, etc. But God is the provider. He is also the giver of dreams. And the conductor of life. So, if we let Him, wouldn't he orchestrate something to fit the dreams he's given us, that will also provide? He gave us those dreams for a reason. God doesn't work thoughtlessly. There is a purpose to His plans. And to His gifts! 

Now, granted. This job I believe was a God-send. I needed a good, steady job to get me back on my feet again and earn some money to help pay back my parents, get a car, etc. And I'm still working at it and won't be quitting this job in the next month. But this is for a season. And honestly that's what gets me through the work day. Knowing that this is not going to be for the rest of my life. I sit there in fear sometimes dreading my future if it reassembles anything like this job. I want color, creativity, and LIFE in my life. I want to travel and minister and be the physical hands and feet of God. And yes, I can do that in a chiropractor's office in the Springs. But am I reaching my full potential? Am I reaching MY dreams or am I helping someone else fulfill theirs?
I believe that people are unhappy when they aren't fulfilling their God-given desires and dreams. The most unhappy people I know are in a job, but they start most of there sentences with, "When I was younger I wanted to be a ____________, but life happened". I can't tell you how many people I have heard say this. And it breaks my heart to see the regret and sadness that washes over them when those words leave their mouth. You know they wish they had followed their dreams and not given in to what the world said they had to be. To me, life is exciting! It's God's greatest piece of artwork. He paints our days carefully, with love and laughter. Life is God's greatest gifts thrown into a day. It's culture and people and new beginnings. Each day it's new mercies. New birth. New friendships. New inspiration and ideas! God is NOW. He is new, old and futuristic. Life is learning and exploring!


I want to be successful. I want to achieve and continue dreaming until the day I die. I want to live a life I can be proud of, that has reached many. I want to empower, inspire and invigorate people to reach their fullest potential. I want a store where I can give jobs to people that they will love. A job where it's a family. Where we can come along side each other in good and bad. And a job that can be a stepping stone to someone else's personal dreams! 

My biggest role models have been Walt Disney and Audrey Hepburn for seeing the unseen, creativity and beauty in the world. And they believed in people. That's the kind of person I want to be. They didn't care about obstacles that the world put in their way, instead they saw it as an opportunity to better themselves.


People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment